This website is not updated anymore.
My up-to-date website can be found here.
Moreover, at the moment, I am not available for any refereeing request. SORRY.
I was visiting faculty at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology while on leave from a tenured professorship (maître de conférences) at Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions. I did my PhD under the supervision of Professor Peter Markowich in the Applied Partial Differential Equations group at University of Cambridge, Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP).
- Paper “Dispersal dominates over selection even at low immigration rates” together with S. Fodelianakis, A. Valenzuela-Cuevas, A. Barozzi, J. Booth, D. Daffonchio submitted. Matlab code can be found here.
- YouTube videos of my work on aerosols and chemotaxis
- Appointment as a Research Fellow for the Program on Statistical, Mathematical, and Computational Methods for Precision Medicine (PMED) at the Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute
- Happy, Healthy and Successful 2018 to Everyone !!!
- Early Christmas Present: reached more than 800 citations on Google Scholar
- Talk at Center for Scientific Computation and Mathematical Modeling, University of Maryland, 08 November, 2017
- Paper “Modeling cancer cell growth dynamics in vitro in response to antimitotic drug treatment” together with D.-A. Botesteanu and D. Levy accepted in Frontiers in Oncology
- Talk at Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Biology and Medicine, Wolfgang Pauli Institute Vienna, 29 July, 2017
- Talk at Workshop on Mathematical modeling of therapeutic resistance, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 05 July, 2017
- Talk at Faculty of Mathematics, University of Vienna, 09 June, 2017
- Talk at Laboratory of Systems Tumor Immunology, University Hospital, Erlangen, 31 May, 2017
- Talk at EPSRC Symposium: Emerging PDE models in Socio-Economic Sciences, University of Warwick, 19 May, 2017
- Talk in the Biological and Environmental Science & Engineering Division, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology, 10 May, 2017
- Talk in the Applied Mathematics & Computational Science Program, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology, 20 April, 2017
- Dana-Adriana Botesteanu, University of Maryland, College Park, giving a Guest lecture, 19 April, 2017, Building 9, Level 2, Room 2131
- Talk at Workshop on Mean Field Games (ANR MFG), Université Nice Sophia-Antipolis, 29 March, 2017
- Tommaso Lorenzi visiting from the University of St. Andrews. Guest lecture, 15 February, 2017, Building 1, Level 4, Room 4214
- Special topics course on mathematical biology at KAUST, January – May, 2017. More details here.
- Research stay at Institut Mittag-Leffler as part of the program on Interactions between Partial Differential Equations & Functional Inequalities, including a seminar talk, 24 November – 4 December, 2016
- Accepted Oberwolfach Workshop “Differential Equations Arising from Organising Principles in Biology” together with Jose Carrillo, Anna Marciniak-Czochra, and Benoit Perthame for 2018
- Mini-course on Population Dynamics at KAUST, November 2016
- Talk at Conference in the Honor of the 60th Birthday of Peter Markowich on Novel Developments in Evolutionary Partial Differential Equations, 1 November, 2016
- Talk at PDE-Applied Math Seminar, University of Maryland, 22 September, 2016
- Talk at European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology, 11 – 15 July, 2016
- Talk at Workshop on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Scientific Computing, Beijing Computational Science Research Center, 5 – 10 July, 2016
- WPI Workshop on Models in Cancer Therapy at Wolfgang Pauli Institute, 1 – 2 July, 2016
- Kolloquium Angewandte Mathematik, Department Mathematik,
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität, 23 June, 2016
- Research stay at Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of Münster, host: Martin Burger, 30 May – 03 June, 2016
- Research stay at Center for Scientific Computation and Mathematical Modeling, host: Doron Levy, 18 February – 4 March, 2016
Dr. Alexander Lorz
Artificial Intelligence, Modeling & Simulations in Biology & Medicine, Predictive Modeling, Mathematical Analysis of PDE models, Chemotaxis-fluid Coupling, Population Dynamics, Resistance to Therapy, Aerosols in the Lung
More about my research